Eleonora Barbieri Masini
- Degree in Law, Constitutional Law, Relation between the Church and the Italian State, University of Rome (1952)
- Specialization in Comparative Law, University of Rome (1953)
- Specialization in Sociology, University of Rome (1969)
- Laurea Honoris Causa University of Budapest for Economic Sciences(1998)
- Born in Guatemala
- Married and now widow
- Three children and eight grandchildren
Membership in Professional Associations
- World Futures Studies Federation (WFSF)
- International Sociological Association (ISA)
- Italian Sociological Association (AIS)
- Club of Rome
- World Academy of Art and Science (WAAS)
- World Wildlife Fund (WWF)
- World Future Society
- Professor of Futures Studies (Human and Social Perspective) and Human Ecology at the Faculty of Social Sciences, Gregorian University, Rome (1976-2004) Secretary General of World Futures Studies Federation (1975-1980), President (1980-1990), Chair of Executive Council (1990-1993)
- Coordinator of the Project “The Futures of Cultures” for UNESCO (1991-1994)
- Chairman of the Futures Research Committee of the International Sociological Association (1978-1997)
- Coordinator of the Network WIN, (Women’s International Network) Emergency and Solidarity, sponsored by UNESCO (1986-2005).
- Professor Emeritus of Futures Studies (Human and Social Perspective) and Human Ecology at the Faculty of Social Sciences, Gregorian University, Rome (2004….)
- Consultant to many Intergovernmental Organizations, such as Untied Nations University, UNESCO and UNDP.
- Women, Households and Change, UN University Press, Tokyo, 1991
- Why Futures Studies?, Grey Seal Books, London, 1993
- The Futures of Cultures, UNESCO, BEP, Paris, 1994
- Rethinking Futures Studies, in Ziauddin Sardar, ed. Rescuing our Futures, Adamantine Press, Twickenham, England,1999
- Penser le Futur, Dunod, Paris, 2000
- Futures Research and Sociological Analysis, ed. S.R. Quah and A. Sales International Book of Sociology, International Handbook of Sociology, Sage, London, 2000
- Women’s Contribution to the Future of Democracy, in M. Mannermaa, J. Dator, P. Tuhonen eds, Democracy and Future, Committee for the Future, Finland, 2006
- Why Futures Studies? Needs and Challenges. The Visions are Essential for Futures Studies if Based on Reliable Data, in: Futures, Technologies and Public Awareness, Contribution to FTA second seminar, 2006.
- The Legacy of Aurelio Peccei, Club of Rome and Aurelio Peccei, Foundation, European Coordination Centre for COR. Vienna, 2006
- Futures Studies from a Human and Social Perspective, in ed. Patrick van der Duin, Knowing Tomorrow? How Science Deals with the Future, Eburon, Delf, The Netherlands, 2007
- Futures Studies from a Human and Social Perspective, in: Patrick van der Duin (a cura di), Knowing the future: How Science Deals with the Future, Eburon Academic Publishers Delfr, the Netherlands,2007
- On James Wellesley Wesley. WFSF Bulletin, 2007.
- How I Have Lived and Live the Past and Present of FUTURES and How I See its Futures, in FUTURES, vol.40, Number 10, December 2008
- Pietro Scoppola, Cattolico a modo suo, in: Cercasi un Fine, n. 26, Gennaio anno IV Bari, 2008.
- Women’s Contribution to the Future of Democracy, , in Mika Mannermaa, Jim Dator, Paula Tiihonen (eds.) Democracy and Futures, Committee for the Future, Finnish Parliament, 2008
- Rischio donna, in Orientamenti Pastorali, n. 6, giugno 2008, Bologna, EDB.
- Luis de Molina as Precursor of the Basis of Philosophical and Ethical Studies, in FUTURA, Pentti Malaska and Eleonora Masini (eds), Philosophical Essays on Knowledge of the Future, vol./2009.
- Aurelio Peccei e l’intuizione del Club di Roma nel contesto internazionale, in Fra Etica, Economia e Ambiente: Aurelio Peccei, un protagonista del ‘900, Adriana Castagnoli (a cura di), Edizioni SEB 27, Università degli studi di Torino, 2009.
- Sviluppo integrale della persona in un contesto sociale in mutamento, in Giulio Cipollone ( a cura di), Valori etici e sviluppo integrale della persona nel tempo della globalizzazione, Pontificia Università Gregoriana, Gangemi editore. 2009.
- The Past and the Possible Futures of Futures Studies: Some Thoghts on Ziauddin Sardar’s “The Namensake”, in Futures, April 2010, vol. 42, n. 3, Elsevier Publications, Amsterdam, 2010.
- I mutamenti prevedibili nei prossimi venti anni ed il ruolo della Dottrina Sociale della Chiesa, in Daniel MacDonald (a cura di) Dottrina sociale della chiesa, alcune sfide globali, il Pozzo di Giacobbe, Trapani, 2010.
- Towards multicultural societies: The European experience, in Current Sociology, Volume 59 Issue 2, March 2011
- Wendell Bell, the scholar and the human being,. His way of looking towards the future, in Futures, August 2011, vol. 43, Elsevier Publications, Amsterdam, 2011.
- Global Fore Seight Books. Org, in Futures, vol. 43, September 2011, Elsevier Publications, Amsterdam, 2011.V. 45 January 2013, Elsevier Publications, Amsterdam, 2013.