Finland Futures Academy (FFA) & Museology and European Ethnology (School of History, Culture and Arts Studies, University of Turku) offer a joint Master’s and post-graduate course:
Future Consciousness, Anticipation and Values
– Definitions, Meanings and Connections to Futures Research (6 cr)
Current discussion in the futures research field has raised the question of future consciousness. In this course students approach the definitions and implementations of future consciousness from their own research topics and perspectives. Main target in the course is to perceive, describe and construct definition and meanings of future consciousness and its relations to anticipation and the value theories and research. After the course students are able to a) define, describe and critically discuss about questions of future consciousness, anticipation and values, and b) produce and evaluate future orientated scientific articles.
Further information and email: sari.soderlund(a)utu.fi. Note: Registration is now open!
Finland Futures Academy (FFA) offers:
Summer School “Futures Studies Tackling Wicked Problems with Creativity and Wisdom”
for Master level students between 9–12 June 2015 in Turku, Finland. The Summer School consists of two parts:
– 9–10 June: Lectures and exercises just for students (Professor Tom Lombardo and Professor Kerstin Cuhls)
– 11–12 June: Participation into the Futures Conference “Futures Studies Tackling Wicked Problems: Where Futures Research, Education and Action meet”.
The course requirements for 5 ECTS are:
– Preliminary readings (a collection of articles delivered to all enrolled), exercises and preparation for lecture work shop
– Active participation in Summer School (lectures and exercises)
– Participation in the Conference
– Reflective learning diary (10–15 pages)
Further information: hanna-kaisa.aalto(a)utu.fi.